Opinel Carbon Steel Folding Everyday Carry Locking Pocket Knife
$13.00 – $17.64
- Additional information
Our classic folding knife is a design icon. Simple and beautiful, sharp and durable, the No. 8 is an international bestseller. Tuck it into your pocket for a picnic. Keep it in your desk for workday lunches. Carve into charcuterie, cheese, or a crisp apple, or whittle a stick for campfire s'mores.
Opinel knives are designed to stand the test of time; some carry Opinel knives handed down from parents and grandparents. Follow a few simple instructions to ensure your knife lasts for years to come.
• Hand-wash or wipe clean your blade after each use
• Wipe the blade dry
• Store in a dry place and keep out of damp conditions
• Expect the wooden handle to swell or contract slightly with use; wood is a living material that can be affected by humidity and atmospheric conditions. If your blade feels stuck, use the "Opinel knock" - rapping the end of the knife on a hard surface - to loosen the blade slightly
• Grease the metal parts, including the Virobloc locking mechanism, on a regular basis
• Use a whetstone or other fine-grain natural stone to sharpen your blade. Make sure the blade is dry and clean, and hold the sharpening stone at an approximately 20-degree angle from the blade while sharpening
You should NOT...
• Put your knife in the dishwasher
• Leave corrosive materials (like acidic foods) on your blade for extended periods of time
• Use bleach or chlorine to clean your knife
• Leave your knife in wet or damp conditions
• Blade length: 8.5 cm/3.35 inches
• Materials: Carbon steel blade, varnished beechwood handle
Versatile in its use, classic in its design and construction, the Opinel No. 8 has been carried - and appreciated - by generations. A classic pocket knife designed to stand the test of time.
- Simple, sturdy, efficient and easy to use, this essential tool remains unchanged since 1890 but is unmatched in its design. Raw material and colors may vary from one collection to another, but its style remains deeply steeped in history and tradition. This timeless knife is for people who enjoy the outdoors, and is a must-have tool for professional or amateur handymen. It is used everywhere from the garden to the table, a knife that is given as a gift and passed down to loved ones.
- Opinel's carbon steel is extremely hard, thereby guaranteeing excellent cutting quality, good wear resistance and easy regrinding. Carbon can corrode easily. It is advised that you avoid damp locations and wipe and grease the blade after use. Each blade is stamped with the "Crowned Hand" mark. In 1909, Joseph Opinel chose the Crowned Hand emblem for his knives as a symbol to represent the origin and quality of Opinel knives.
- Beech is the most commonly used wood for the manufacture of Opinel handles. Beech is hard, durable and easy to work with. With a homogeneous appearance, its light color varies from yellow to pink. It is characterized by the presence of numerous small, dark dashes. To prevent a negative impact on the environment (pollution from transport, deforestation ...), 95% of the wood for handles comes from sustainably managed French forests.
- Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives as of the No 06. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport)
- Opinel products are guaranteed under normal use and exchanged in case of manufacturing defects. Damage due to normal wear and tear or improper use are not covered by the warranty.
Carbon Steel Blade/Beech Handle
N 06 – 2.76 in (7 cm) Blade, N 07 – 3.15 in (8 cm) Blade, N 08 – 3.35 in (8.5 cm) Blade, N 09 – 3.54 in (9 cm) Blade, N 10 – 3.94 in (10 cm) Blade, N 12 – 4.72 cm (12 cm) Blade